[Edu-sig] no Python 2.0 bindings for Lightflow until now

Arthur_Siegel@rsmi.com Arthur_Siegel@rsmi.com
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:45:07 -0600

>I wrote to Jacopo Pantaleoni (jp@lightflowtech.com), the creator of the
>Lightflow rendering engine (http://www.lightflowtech.com/), if he would
>recompile the Python bindings for Python 2.0.

I will do the same.

>Well, I was thinking of adding some class(es) to my KineticsKit VPython toy

I am in the process of doing the same with Lightflow for my PyGeo toy.
Good fun, but it *is* frustrating to be stuck on 1.5.2.  I'm kind of assuming
that Jacopo will get around to getting Lightflow Python bindings up-to-
date, but who knows.

Looked at the Povray site recently.  There was an indication that
a major rewrite of its scripting will be undertaken, which will not be
backwards
compatible.  The developers specifically announced that they are not
ready to accept public comment, suggestions about it at this time.
But I have a great idea for them, when they're ready....

ART