[Edu-sig] Lesson plan collection

Wesley Chun wesc@deirdre.org
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 01:06:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Dethe Elza wrote:

> From time to time folks post their lesson plans to this list, or at least
> the availability of such.  Has anyone been collecting these in one location?
> Is there a repository of lesson plans and materials for teaching python?
> Anyone else think this is a good idea?
>
> My motives are purely selfish -- I'm getting ready to propose a continuing
> education course, or series of courses, to a couple of local colleges and I
> want to do as little work as possible %-)  I want to cover Python, of
> course, and tie it in with the web, xml, and gui development.

dethe,

i teach a continuing education course for UC Santa Cruz (Extension).
feel free to copy the course info for the last class i taught back
in Fall 2000.  here is the course description:

http://melvin.ucsc-extension.edu/~wesc/002e44/002e44cd.htm

this is the course web page where students can get access to the
homework assignments, sample code, etc.:

http://melvin.ucsc-extension.edu/~wesc/002e44/

let me know when you find course material on XML and SQL...
i need those purely for selfish reasons as well!  :-)

-wesley

Silicon Valley-SF Bay Area Python users group:  http://baypiggies.org

"Core Python Programming", Prentice Hall PTR, December 2000
    http://starship.python.net/crew/wesc/cpp/

wesley.j.chun :: wesc@baypiggies.org
cyberweb.consulting :: silicon.valley, ca
http://www.roadkill.com/~wesc/cyberweb/