[Edu-sig] Lesson plan collection

Dethe Elza delza@alliances.org
Wed, 04 Jul 2001 08:23:38 -0700

Thanks, Wesley!

I teach a 4-hour high level intro to XML, the class notes are at:

http://delza.alliances.org/xml

Also an occasional class on programming XML, mainly using XSLT. There is no
programming pre-requisite that I can rely on for this class.  If I had my
way I'd teach it as a follow-up to a basic XML class, but I just fill in
when the regular instructor can't make it.  Anyway, my  notes are up at:

http://delza.alliances.org/xsl

Both pages have extensive links to other tutorials and presentations.

As far as Python goes, I'm trying to get a handle on what's realistic to
cover in a 6-8 week, 2-3 hours per week continuing ed class, given that
attendees will have wildly varying previous knowledge (in most cases no
programming at all).

I know I won't be able to cover GUIs and network programming extensively,
but I think giving the students a taste of that, even in a introductory
class, is important.

--

Dethe Elza (delza@burningtiger.com)
Chief Mad Scientist