[Edu-sig] greetings

Eric J. Lannert lannert@earthlink.net
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 13:59:03 -0500

hi there,

i am new to the group. i came across it in a google search for
"personification and learn and programming".  i teach programming in
chicago at a not-for-profit called i.c.stars (www.icstars.org).

i must say after lurking for a while i feel like i may have finally
found an online home of peers.

my initial question is around planning a move to python. i anticipate
resistance to curriculum changes, especially to a language that hr
directors who hire my graduates have not heard of. i'm guessing many
of you encountered similar resistance from departments/students who
increasingly get "we're accountable to the market", "if its not java,
vb, or c++, it doesn't apply", etc.

thoughts and war stories welcome.

warm regards,

eric