[Edu-sig] RE: [Idle-dev] IDLE "deemphasised"? Please not so...

Arthur_Siegel@rsmi.com Arthur_Siegel@rsmi.com
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 17:17:06 -0500

The additional significance of IDLE to me has been that it is
a full application developed in and distributed with Python.

Serves as a reference point for "standard" Python syntax, style,
documentation standards by the guy who should know - and
an overall proof of something or other.

All of which puts an additional burden on Guido.  I thought
it brave of him to put it out there.  Could be expected he'd run into
a lot of gun-slingers challenging him to a Python syntax quickdraw.

On the other hand its great to see some movement off center.

Some combination of the Guido and VPython IDLEs - where it
looks like we're heading - seems to me an ideal soultion.

Maybe an excuse to slip VPython into the standard distro.  But
certainly that's an issue to be left fully to the side at this point.

ART