[Edu-sig] RE: [Idle-dev] IDLE "deemphasised"? Please notso...

Arthur_Siegel@rsmi.com Arthur_Siegel@rsmi.com
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:11:39 -0500

>Maybe an excuse to slip VPython into the standard distro.  But
>certainly that's an issue to be left fully to the side at this point.
>
>ART

>I don't know that you can "slip" VPython in as if it were just
>another module.  The standard library is just modules, but
>VPython is more.  And it includes Numerical Python, so if you
>include VPython you've got Numerical as well.  That's a huge
>addition! (might as well throw in Zope while we're at it :-D).

>Kirby

Yeah - keep conveniently forgetting the Numerical issue.

Now that folks are doing an Educational Resource distro (which I think is a
great idea) - the issue
pretty much goes away, as long as those of us interested try to help  publicize

its availability.

Maybe the only issue that remains down the road is how pre-configured an
Educational distro
could or should be.

ART