[Edu-sig] need help on python´s glob module

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:23:26 -0800 (PST)

Dear Marcus,

You might get better results if you ask tutor@python.org or
comp.lang.python; edu-sig is meant for people talking about the
educational aspects of teaching Python, so I'm not sure if anyone's here
can help explain how glob.glob() works.

On the other hand, comp.lang.python and tutor@python.org has a bunch of
people that would be happy to help you out.  You can contact both here:

By the way, if you really want to see how glob.glob works, you can take a
look at its source code; it itself is written in Python, which is nice.
Try doing a search on your computer for the file "glob.py", and you should
be able to find it.

As far as I can tell, it's not alphabetic.  It depends on the os.path
functions and does lots of recursive stuff, but it doesn't seem to
difficult to read.  If you have any questions on it, please feel free to
ask us on comp.lang.python or tutor.

Good luck to you.