[Edu-sig] Re: [Tutor] SMTPLIB module - how to add subject ?

Marc Keller mkeller@noos.fr
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 18:49:29 +0200

Markus Gritsch wrote:

> > >I've pasted the example below. Actually, I really dislike this example.
> > >They are using
> > >"\r\n"
> > >as a character for newlines. Whose idea was that???
> > >It should be just
> > >"\n"
> >

> > Sounds like a concession to the Windows way of doing
> > things.  Isn't that how lines of text get separated
> > in that OS?
>
> Of course it is.  UNIX (Linux) uses \n, MacOS uses \r, and Windows uses
> \r\n - as you can see, in Windows you get the best of both worlds ;-)
>
> Markus

There are two scripts in the Python distribution:
                Python-2.1.1/Tools/scripts/crlf.py et
Python-2.1.1/Tools/scripts/lfcr.py
for conversion between Window's files  and Linux ones.
                   Marc