[Edu-sig] measuring python...

Jeffrey Elkner jeff@elkner.net
29 Sep 2001 18:57:19 -0400

Thanks a 10**6, Kirby!  I already planned to include Python's
commonality with other languages somewhere in the paper.  And I can talk
about it from personal experience.

I'm taking an AI course this semester and we are learning Lisp.  I was
struck by how many Lisp concepts I was already familiar with thanks to
my exposure to Python.  My classmates whose experiences were generally
limited to C, C++, and Java did not have this advantage.

I've printed out a few of the references and will begin looking at them
tomorrow.  The http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~jnw/COP5555/Lectures/02.html
site looks particularly helpful.

Thanks again!

jeff