[Edu-sig] Python for AI

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@hbcse.tifr.res.in
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:30:50 +0530

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 04:55:52PM -0500, Patrick K. O'Brien wrote:
> > Mark Lutz wrote an expert system shell in Python named "Holmes".  I
> > don't recall where it was published; maybe he used it as an example in
> > Programming Python (1st ed.).  Try a Googe search for "expert system
> > Python".
>
> I found the file (holmes.tar.gz) at:
>
> ftp://ftp.python.org/pub/python/contrib-09-Dec-1999/Misc/
>
> Here are some other links that may be worthwhile:
>
> http://www.strout.net/python/ai/
>
> http://www.python.eu.org/software/clips/python-clips.html

It is a delight to see this morning so much on the thread.  I am
thankful to all those who responded to the query.  I have so much
material now, I will take some time to digest this material.  I have
Mark Lutz's book (Programming Python 2nd Ed), fortunately, on my
table, so looked at it immediately.  Evidently I did not cover all the
ground I have before I asked help.  Sorry for bothering you.  But this
gave me confidence that next year I can actually offer this as a
course after working with the existing material.  I am presently
involved in a project to develop a Zope based application for semantic
web mostly using the structure of topic maps specification called
GNOWSYS, (http://www.zope.org/Members/nagarjuna/GNOWSYS/) which is
still in a development stage.  I wish to develop this tool with AI
enabled features, particularly as an expert system.  I expect to
release the first stable version by December 2002.

Thanks again

Nagarjuna