[Edu-sig] Re: [Tutor] making an alias of a folder

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 19:23:11 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Christopher Smith wrote:

> I think I put this request out before but haven't received any
> replies...perhaps there is someone new on the list that could help:
>
> Does anyone have a piece of code that successfully makes an alias of a
> folder on the MacOS?

Hello!

First, I'd better admit I'm clueless about this one... *grin* You might be
able to find something in here:

    http://www.python.org/doc/current/mac/mac.html

I don't have a Macintosh available at the moment, so I can't test this,
but I believe that the macfs.NewAliasMinimalFromFullPath() is the function
that you're looking for:

    http://www.python.org/doc/current/mac/module-macfs.html

Good luck to you!