[Edu-sig] IDLE problems with Tkinter

Dethe Elza delza@mac.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 23:08:36 -0800

I think that the version of IDLE that comes with Python doesn't run
programs in their own thread.  This was fixed in the version which comes
with VPython, and lead to the Idle Fork.

VPython: http://www.vpython.org/
Idle Fork: http://idlefork.sourceforge.net/

Note: I still do my python development with vim, not an IDE, so my
comments could be way off base here.

--Dethe