[Edu-sig] Re: Python in Baguio City

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:30:01 -0700

Hi ali --

Just wanted to say Mabuhay -- I have fond memories of the Philippines
from being a student in Metro-Manila from 1971-1976 (at the International
School in Makati).  My dad worked on decentralized planning, taught a
course at UP.  Mom was an activist working on behalf of tribal minorities
and earned a history degree at Ateneo de Manila (we weren't missionaries
though).

We visited Baguio a few times.  A man named McGee was a headmaster of
some local school back then, but I forget which.

Anyway, here are some college level courses that use Python, which
you might get some ideas from:

http://www.classes.cs.uchicago.edu/classes/archive/2001/spring/CS326/syllabus.html
http://sandbox.mc.edu/~gwiggins/syllabi/csc233/csc233-python-syllabus.html
http://www.physics.umd.edu/courses/Phys165/williams/