[Edu-sig] A maybe change in CS at US

Ludger Humbert humbert@hagen.de
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 00:45:01 +0200

Dear collegues,

as I heard last week at the SEC III Conference
Open IFIP-GI-Conference on Social, Ethical and Cognitive Issues of
Informatics and ICT
  (Information and Communication Technologies)
  July 22-26, 2002
  University of Dortmund, Germany
  e-learning
  media education
  change management
  didactics of informatics

in the talk of  Harriet G. Taylor
Abstract at:

	http://seciii.cs.uni-dortmund.de/web/it-professions.htm#taylor

THURSDAY, 25th July 2002

there seems to be a possible change in curricula in the US.
As she told one is able to send contributions to some commitee.
I think the most interesting point is, that  no longer a concret programming
language is mentioned and you may tell, there are more than
one paradigms, one can teach.
IMHO Python is a language, which can more or less deal with
all three paradigms, which should be taught ;-)

URLs can be found  inside the abstract

	Ludger Humbert