[Edu-sig] re: Types and true division (was Re: strange output)

Arthur ajs@ix.netcom.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:39:32 -0400

Perhaps I do take all this *much* too seriously.

But, I keep thinking that's what we are here for

Bruce Sherwood actually criticized Python's old div operator behavior in the
scant documentation to VPython.  Some editing of that documentation - I am
stating facts as I understand them - was the bulk of his contribution to the
substance of the project.

 Does criticism of the language in which you freely chose to implement
something, rightly belong in the documentation of that something

Incredibly, I perceive myself as being defensive on behalf of Python.  That
probably sounds funny to you.

I am definitely clumsy, though.

No question.

Art