[Edu-sig] re: Types and true division (was Re: strange output

Arthur ajs@ix.netcom.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 20:02:38 -0400

>If you clarify further, great, and if you choose not to, great.

Oh Lord why must I be so misunderstood?

I am certainly not saying that Michael either understands or gives two shits
about my "position" as to the historical record.  I am saying I think he
understands the trade-off I raise between making the div operator more
intuitive for the physics student, and lulling them into a false sense of
security as to the importance of the underlying typing.

To repeat.

He disagrees with me, though, as to where I come out..

Guess what, I can handle that fine.

Art