[Edu-sig] re: Slighly OT: O'Reilly article [other resources for newbies?]

Rob rob@uselesspython.com
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 16:06:56 -0500

> > Would it be good to put Useless Python on the Newbies page too?
> >
> >     http://uselesspython.com
>
> Sorry, it doesn't really strike me as a strong newbie resource.

Since it has come up....

Would it be a strong newbie resource if improved in certain ways? Or is it
just not a great idea?

Useless Python has received a few hundred "thanks for existing" email
messages from newbies, despite what I consider to be grossly-inadequate
management on my own part. This is the reason the site remains in place so
far.

Since the site is an out-of-pocket expense stemming from my love of the
language, I would appreciate constructive advice.

thanks,
Rob Andrews
Useless Python