[Edu-sig] re: Slighly OT: O'Reilly article [other resources for newbies?]

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 19:19:37 -0400

[Guido van Rossum, on http://uselesspython.com]
> Sorry, it doesn't really strike me as a strong newbie resource.

Maybe that's why it's successful <wink>.  Useless Python started
spontaneously on the Tutor List, and has been very popular there ever since.
People love that it's not all dead serious, and the organized link
collections linked to at the top ("Getting Started", "Python Challenge",
"Tutorials", etc) are really top-notch by any measure -- check 'em out.

Rob, keep it up!  I expect Guido will grow fonder of it when he gets back
from his trip and has more time to click around.  Heck, stumbling into
treasures is part of the fun of the site!

precognitively-channeling-ly y'rs  - tim