[Edu-sig] FWD: Internet Learning Centers in Laos => TEN - Master Site - Editorial

Jason Cunliffe Jason Cunliffe" <jasonic@nomadics.org
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 18:16:40 -0400

Internet Learning Centers in Laos
http://www.techempower.net/0/Editorial.asp?this_cat=Projects&obj_id=686&aff_id=0

"The project wants to wire the country, one school at a time. It is building
internet learning centers to help the people maintain their traditional way of
life, using the Internet to improve their economic return from diversified,
organic agriculture and hand made silk textiles
Jhai would like to tighten up the educational component of the internet learning
centers, cut costs without cutting quality and document what they are doing
better so it can be shared. They would like to network better with successful
projects in other parts of the world and, like most projects, they need help
*finding* money and time from people who have been successful in the computer
business, but still have the original concern for democratizing information and
knowledge. People we work with in the coffee area NEVER went to school, yet are
incredibly bright. How do we hop,skip and jump with them into computer useage
without ruining their culture which largely works and which they love?"

Contact:
Jhai Foundation
PO Box 6269
Vientiane