[Edu-sig] Fw: Python sequences by reference - how to make clear

Arthur ajs@ix.netcom.com
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:32:20 -0400

Guido writes:

> What specific little amendment did you have in mind?  And please don't
> tell me that it's my job as the language designer to fix it.  If I
> thought it could be fixed I would have, now wouldn't I?

Couching it in as many disclaimers of ignorance of the full implications of
the suggestion as I know how, I thought I had made the suggestion clear.
That "copy" be a built_in, rather than imported functionality. If feasible,
I am suggesting (rather, feel confident) that "little" change would be a big
help - especially to the self-directed learner.

Art