[Edu-sig] Fw: Python sequences by reference - how to make clear

Jason Cunliffe Jason Cunliffe" <jasonic@nomadics.org
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:28:38 -0400

> I am not unwillingly to try to do better than not, but I don't see how to
> conform any such effort into the methodology you suggest.

I think all he's asking/hoping for is an example in Python.
You now are aware enough of copy() to be asking for it to become built_in.
So please:

1. Try to construct an example of a python problem you may have encountered at
the very beginning.

2. Then what you did to involve copy()
[
when & how did you realize ?
what precisely did you do  ?
]

3. Next what you'd like to do in the new/improved future.

{medium += message}
If your experiences and personal insights are familiar enough to other novices,
and thus have broad merit, then Python code examples are the best way to gain
influence and spread the idea.

{personal note}
I suffer also from lots of valuable insights and ideas about Python, but still
struggle hard to express them in Python. Hell, I even struggle to get them into
simple prose. My best are series of sketches on 5x8 blank white cards I use.
Until email/web/xyz-net supports that, I am *not* satisfied. I spend a good deal
of my time learning to program so I can make it happen. That's what led me to
Python in the first place!

keep trying

./Jason