[Edu-sig] Top 5 All Time Novice Obstacles => #3 Where am I ?

Arthur ajs@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 12:08:41 -0400

Guido writes -

>It has a GUI for this feature.  Assuming you have Python 2.1.x or
>2.2.x on Windows, go to the Start -> Programs -> Python x.x menu, and
>select "Module docs".  Now type your search string in the text box and
>hit return.  Double-click any of the resulting lines, and stand by for
>a webbrowser window to pop up.

For a refreshing change of pace I would like to agree with Guidio. It seems
to me that Jason you come to the table with too many expectations (maybe
from your Rebol experience) of how a help system "should" work, rather than
spending the energy focusing on learning how the Python help system does
work.. And I would agree with Guido, once that (minor) effort is
made, all your expectations and more, from that point on, look like they
will be met.

And I would generalize that further.  Have more confidence in Python. But
fewer expectations coming in.

Art