[Edu-sig] re: CP4E-2002

Urban Anjar urban.anjar@hik.se
23 Sep 2002 16:01:13 +0200

On Mon, 2002-09-23 at 14:22, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Turtle graphics were appropriate given the capacity of the hardware
> and software environment at the time Logo was developed.  These days,
> the equivalent is much more flashy, but the idea is the same: visual
> output is wonderfully attractive. (...)

True, some decades ago kids were satisfied when they got 'hello, world'
or something slightly more complicated printed onto the screen. Today
they are spoiled by 3D-games. We have to give them more "flashy" toys to
get them playing/working/learning.

Urban Anjar

--=20
Urban Anjar, IT-avdelningen, H=F6gskolan i Kalmar, 0480-446488
,070-6093556
Handledningar: http://www.helpdesk.hik.se/handledning
KLUG: http://wnanur.dse.hik.se/klug