[Edu-sig] re: pytoon

Arthur ajsiegel@optonline.net
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 08:57:48 -0400

>I have posted about the possibility of a Python Applet Player infrastructure to deploy C-Python applets (maybe
>built on PyGame?)

and following cites.

Lot's to digest. Please keep us/me posted.  I will probably have some specific questions
once I have had a chance to digest more.

Off to the side - maybe you/ others might save me from going down a dead-end.  Is there
anything in this general area that might be put together using xmlrpc and/or SVG? I am
specifically interested in 3d stuff. But the 3d functionality I need is quite basic - just
a few primtives to work with - spheres, lines, etc. Essentially what is native to VPython,
which is why it has been such a fortuitous match to my needs.  I guess my understanding is
that SVG is not natively 3d, but I have seem some demos of decent, but basic 3d web-based
SVG renderiong.

Python libraries exist that would handle all this well, I believe, if there is anything
feasible to be done here.

?

Art