[Edu-sig] Re: python vs php5

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 3 18:09:59 EST 2003

>i've heard that php5 will include declaration of attributes which are
>private,
>public and protected... aside from that interfaces which will be
>implemented by
>a class can also be created...
>
>in line with OO principles, wouldnt these features be good if implemented
>in
>python???

You may want to join this list:

which has been set up to talk about interfaces in python. There are at least
three interface systems already (zope, twisted, and pyprotocols).

I think that python will bring some very interesting developments to
interfaces, but I don't think that excessive restrictions will be part of
the mix. Instead, it will be more about making systems more flexible
and more easily extensible by easing discovery of new things that
support the interfaces you are interested in.