[Edu-sig] Teaching Physics with Python

Javier Escobar jiescobar@net-uno.net
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:35:32 -0400

Hi everyone!
My name is Javier.  I'm doing an undergraduate work about teaching physics
with Python.  It was a long time searching for a good topic for my work when
I finally knew about Phyton and thought this programing language could help
students learn physics.  Iīve been reviewing various documents on the web
about Python and itīs applications to education, physics and mathematics.  I
read CP4E of Guido van Rossum, also vised some sites of physics courses that
use Python as a teaching tool, also visited Oregon Curriculum page about
teaching math with Python.  I study in the Central University of Venezuela,
and the idea is to develop some kind of computer programming course for
physics students at the university.  The objective of the undergraduate work
would be to demonstrate that a programming course with Python helps physics
students learn.  I would like to receive some comments, ideas, sugestions.
At this point, I'm just figuring out the most general ideas about the work,
and I havenīt started jet using Python.  I would really appreciate your
comments.