[Edu-sig] re: Alice update

Arthur ajsiegel@optonline.net
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 10:12:42 -0500

>I was disappointed to find the absence of a source
>distribution, because I had thought that they were using
>a python applet interpreter or at least the makings of one.
>I did inquire about this, and I was told that there was some
>intent of releasing the source "eventually", but who knows
>when that will actually happen.

Its been around for ten years or so.  Eventually.

It has a copy of the lgpl license in the root directory.  I don't know much
about this stuff, but I thought lpgl requires the release of source.
But why worry about those kinds of things, when we are - ho, hum - in the
presence of a new paradigm.

"""
Thirty years have since passed and we are proposing a new paradigm for
human-computer interaction. We are building systems that aid cognitive
processing and retention of information rather than focusing only on
information manipulation. Working with perceptual and cognitive
psychologists, as well as architects, designers, and artists, our goal is to
deduce general design principles to produce the next generation of
information systems, which we call InfoCockpits.
""

I won't go on too much.

Because in the end there is really is only one thing missing from the Alice
project.

Integrity.

Art