[Edu-sig] progress

Arthur ajsiegel@optonline.net
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:51:29 -0500

Just to report some progress and peacemaking on one front, at least.

Bruce Sherwood on the vpython-users list.

>I enjoyed working/playing today with the distutils package Arthur so
>helpfully provided. This was on Windows, making and testing binary
>installers, with and without IDLE, etc. Very nice, very convenient. Even
>does a perfect job of cleaning up on an uninstall from the "Add/remove
>program" control panel.

He is actually being quite reasonable in talking about substantial
rethinking of the VPython distribution, and to a more "community" based
approach to the future of VPython in general.  Certainly the fact that I was
able to bring something concrete to the table with a worked out setup.py was
a major help.