[Edu-sig] Fw: pyGeo problems: linux progress : an oddity

Arthur Arthur" <ajs@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 12:34:46 -0500

> (P.S. to Art:  obviously, none of this bears on our original PyGeo problem
> under Win98.  That problem is still there.)

I tried to fire up an old machine we had around the house running Win98 to
do an install and see what I ran into.  Unfortunately I managed to blow the
thing up before I even got to the point of installing PyGeo.

I'm doing a little threading thingy with the GUI, mechanically following
something I saw being done .  But I may have done it badly.  My best guess
is that is the source of the Win98 issue. But whatever it is, it does not
seem to effect Win2000 or WinXP, which is strange.

Anyway I'll try to have another go at getting my Win98 machine up.  I am in
fact curious as to what the issue might be.

Art