[Edu-sig] re: Elegant copy-by-value

Arthur Arthur" <ajs@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:07:10 -0500

>Edu-sig is not the forum to discuss language additions.

>--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.python.org/~guido/)

I am having trouble digesting that as a fully appropriate response to my
question.

And I think there has in fact been a history of such discussions here. And
not at all instigated by me, in most cases.

That is when such changes were thought to have a direct impact on Python as
a learning language, or Python in a learning process.

Which is my *only* interest in the built_in copy issue.

And in fact I think it inappropriate that this forum *not* be the central
forum for language addition questions that happen to focus on that issue.

Many people in a wider forum might with all rights take the position that
they have no interest in the language addition issue as it effects people
new to programming, for example.

Presumably, members of this forum include this among those concerns.

Assumedly my only alternative is to contact you off-line for some
clarification.

Which itself doesn't seem fully appropriate.

But I will do so.

Alternatively, you might want to clarify for me what *is* the forum.

It seems to me that in the past, many of those discussions have occurred in
private dialogue with you.

Are you suggesting gthat?

Art