[Edu-sig] On-Topic: LinuxFormat Magazine

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:02:53 -0800

At 05:40 PM 1/23/2003 -0600, Patrick K. O'Brien wrote:
>Just to prove I can stay on-topic, here is a bit of good news: a series of
>Python tutorials will be appearing in LinuxFormat magazine beginning with
>issue #38, written by yours truly.
>
>--

That *is* good news.

I've downloaded the latest wxPython, including PyCrust.  I think I'll
stay with this for awhile and get more used to it.  I've been wedded
to IDLE all these years, but I don't really like Tk for GUI work.
wxPython looks like a better place to tackle GUI-building -- and I
might as well do my regular stuff here too, at least for a few months
(I'm in XP at the moment -- looks great -- but plan to get it all
working on the Linux side too (I'm dual boot)).

Kirby

PS:  any way to turn off those line numbers in the shell?  Nevermind,
I need to read the docs.