[Edu-sig] re: Where mathematics comes from

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:53:34 -0600

On Tuesday 28 January 2003 11:03 am, Kirby Urner wrote:
> But any script can be run from the shell, provided the code has a
> triggering key word, like run() or doit().  I'd like to be able
> to go something like:
>
>    >>> from pygeo.examples import *
>    >>> islamic6.run()
>
> Then you can put that
>
>    if __name__ = "__main__":  run()
>
> at the bottom of every script, so that the module will run if passed
> directly to python on the command line (actually, in XP it'll just
> run as a standalone word, thanks to file association -- more like
> unix with its all important pound bash notation).

While this is good general advice, I'm not sure it will be enough to allow
PyGeo to be usable from PyCrust as I'm not sure the Tkinter and wxPython
event loops will get along with each other.

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech      http://www.orbtech.com/web/pobrien