[Edu-sig] OT

Arthur ajsiegel@optonline.net
Tue, 01 Jul 2003 12:42:25 -0400

Sorry.

You started, by pointing here.

At:

http://www.geocities.com/moonhoabinh/Unrevolution.html

there is discussion about Cabbalistic vs. rabbinatical conflict within the
Jewish tradition.

Interesting stuff.

The problem is, in my view, in taking sides, as it seems to me is done here.

The Hasidic movement in Eastern Europe of the 16th century was the most
recent mass rebeliion against the rabbinical authority. And was a true burst
of creative energy.  Shades of San Francisco 1960's and well beyond.
Miracles and ecstacies and beautiful stories which are handed down.

 The descendents of that movement walk around, ridiculously, IMO, in 16th
century Polish garb and represent the most repressed and repressive faction
among the many factions of Jewish life today.

Can't say what the dynaimics are.  But I do think there is a kind of
dynamics:  ecstacy + time = blah, to coin a term.

Preferably:
One's heart with the Cabbalists, and one's head with the rabbinate.

Identifying "America"  or the American way of life or Corporations with
"evil", as is done rhetorically - again and again - directly and indirectly,
has already done much to contribute to the death of innocents.  And  will
never contribute anything  more or better than that.

Why don't you care?

Art