[Fwd: Re: [Edu-sig] Would a simplified Python UI for MiddleSchool students be worth the effort?]

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Tue, 08 Jul 2003 07:54:42 -0700

At 10:51 AM 7/8/2003 +0200, Gregor Lingl wrote:

>Could this be part of your well-roundet diet? (Aims at visualizing
>some fundamental concepts of computer-science)

Sure, why not?  Plus you remind me to think more about multi-
language programming (in the sense of variable, class and
function names).

This looks sort of like an L-systems setup, yes?  I'd forgotten
what the L stands for.

FYI I also used Python to play with L-systems in July 2000 at
http://www.inetarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/lsystems.html
(not a completed project -- lots of broken links by now; I
should go back and clean up that page).

I'll run your code later (taking it with me on my laptop as
I head down to OSCON for day 2).

Kirby