[Edu-sig] re: A small essay in my own defense

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 07:59:49 -0700

OK, thanks for spelling it out like that.  Much better.

And yes, I see your point.  It hadn't really occurred
to me that comparing CP4E to TeachScheme was an implicit
claim that our materials were as evolved, or the outreach
so organized, which clearly is not the case.  I think the
intent was more to say something like "here's a mature
and established implementation that inspires us by
example -- and yes, by comparison we've still got a long
way to go".  Emulation is the sincerest form of flattery
and all that.

I'll think about changing the wording a bit (I don't recall
whether I had input into the phrasing used now, but it
doesn't matter).  Clearly there's a lot of work needed on
the edu-sig page.  Indeed, the entire website needs to be
revamped, an effort that should get more attention now that
OSCON is winding down (today's the last day).

Kirby