[Edu-sig] OSCON presentations available

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:41:33 -0700

Check out the downloadable slide presentations at
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/23/presentations.html

My 'Python in Education' is listed but they screwed up
the URL (I asked for a fix, but so far no dice) -- either
change urner_kirby.final.ppt to urner_kirby_final.ppt
after clicking on the bogus link, or grab a copy from
one of my own sites:
http://www.inetarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/python/oscon2003/
(along with the tiny source code module, if interested).
It's a 3 meg powerpoint, but should be viewable in Open
Office.

I got a lot of good feedback on my talk.  Many positive
remarks and some follow-up contacts.

Kirby

PS:  if anyone finds a link to George Dyson's excellent
slides, please let me know.  I talked to him after and he
said he was working on getting his slides on "Tim's
website" meaning Tim O'Reilly -- I assume that means
somewhere in the OSCON pages, but so far I can't find
it.  His keynote re Von Neumann's Universe: Coding (and
Engineering) at the IAS, 1945-1956 included a lot of
hard-to-find raw historical documents.
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2003/view/e_sess/4375