[Edu-sig] Pygame anyone?

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:14:34 -0700

I've started to dive into Pygame more intensively and wondered
if any other subscribers to edu-sig are exploring its potential.
My focus right now is on drawing 2-dimensional graphs.  I'm
finding this entertaining, and suppose students might as well.

I'd be happy to share source code if anyone's interested in
learning it with me -- with the understanding that this is
beginner level stuff vis-a-vis that package.

Kirby

Footnote:  I'm getting in the habit of using Patrick O'Brien's
PyAlaMode for my editing/shell work these days.  It's quite nice.
Newly inspired at OSCON, I'll be getting into wxPython more as
well, maybe try to wrap my mind around PythonCard a little more
at the source code level (Kevin has some really cool math-related
demos).

I'll be waiting on OpenGL stuff (also integrated into PyGame and
wxWindows) until it's ready for 2.3, which is just about the only
Python I'm using for development these days.