[Edu-sig] Interactive learning: Twenty years later

Arthur ajs@optonline.net
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:52:07 -0500

And one side story.

There is a worldwide network of private schools called Waldorf schools,
which grew out of the educational philiosophy (about which a know next to
nothing) of Rudolf Steiner - a nineteenth century mystic/theosophist.
Happens that the movement took a great interest in projective geometry
concepts.  And one of my favorite books on the subject of projective
geoemtry - accurate, but freewheeling - came out of this movement.

Opportunist that I am, I tried to explore whether PyGeo might be of interest
to the Waldorf movement schools.  And learned quickly that they totally
eschew the use of computers in the classroom -  until perhaps the end of
high school.

Which is as far as I am concerned a perfectly reasonable position.  And - my
mind is open to the possibility - perhaps more than that.

Art