[Edu-sig] re: Terminology question: just operator overriding?

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 13:49:04 -0700

At 10:42 PM 6/27/2003 -0400, Arthur wrote:

>OSCON, I'm thinking.
>
>Do we get a preview?

Mostly it's about how this thinking in terms of objects is
generic and powerful enough to deserve a bigger footprint
in K-12, and that traditional math concepts might be well
served by these same metaphors (math objects, defined by
class blueprints, with instances containing specific state
info -- e.g. fractions, polynomials, vectors etc.).  Python
makes these metaphors concrete.

>Personally I feel it's not right to highlight PyGeo quite as much as you
>intend ;)

I mostly stay with pure Python (as a language), and when
I bridge to graphics use POV-Ray as an example.  I'll be
mentioning PyGeo.  I'm just showing an iceberg tip in this
context.

Kirby