[Edu-sig] Re: An outline I'm using

Arthur ajsiegel@optonline.net
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:24:48 -0500

Kirby writes -

>In the actual presentation, I'll have more focus on some specific uses of
>Python (e.g. Python + Povray).  Of course I'll have some screen shots
>(e.g. from PyGeo) to show what kinds of stuff goes on out there.

I must have good political instincts. Hadn't known you were undertaking this
project.  But am adding a polyhedra exploration tool to PyGeo, mostly with
you in mind.

Essentially creating the 120 polyhedron vertexes and edge and face mapping
based on:

 http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/Lynn/Coordinates/coord01.html

as a PyGeo "library".  Had to work on the lighting and the Povray output to
make it fully functional.  But seem to be mostly there. Having some fun with
it.

Art