[Edu-sig] Simple Python database application for self-study and training

Metz, Thomas (IPGRI - Rome) t.metz@cgiar.org
Tue, 13 May 2003 07:32:35 -0700

I am on the lookout for a simple but complete GUI database application
(Python, wxPython, MySQL) that can be used for self-study and training. I
have seen most of the necessary elements in textbooks, HowTo's, etc., but I
think something like a simple collection management database (stamps,
videos, cooking recipes, etc.) would be a very good starting point for
people who are new to programming and need to get an overview of how GUI,
database, and programming logic fit together.

In addition to self-study, I would like to use such a system as the starting
point for my own entry into Python, which so far has been mainly restricted
to reading.

Is there anyone who knows about such a system, or would make such a system
available?

Thomas