[Edu-sig] A bit o Python in Physics

Simon Burton simon at arrowtheory.com
Tue Nov 25 15:05:55 EST 2003

We do something related:
http://arrowtheory.com/hypersense/index.html

These are bend sensors attached to the fingers. Each generates
a signal which is used to control sound in real-time.
Custom built micro-controllers on each of us talk USB to a laptop
running some python code that interprets the data and then sends
OSC (midi like) messages to the sound engine.

We sure would like to have 25 wireless sensors to play with!

Simon.

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:55:32 -0800
"Kirby Urner" <urnerk at qwest.net> wrote:

> So this Nebraska-based physics prof I met gets these volunteers to jump,
> run, leap, with like 25 wireless motion sensors taped on, which generate
> data somehow.

Simon Burton, B.Sc.
Licensed PO Box A66
ANU Canberra 2601