[Edu-sig] re: Blender

Arthur ajs at optonline.net
Wed Nov 26 09:32:47 EST 2003

Terry writes:

>It's clearly targetted at expert users who want quick access to the
features -- it's meant for commercial production use,
>after all.

Not sure what you are saying.  Seems to me there is only one way to become
an expert user.  The long way. Right?

Nobody starts there, obviously.

Which is the point - at least my point.  Give folks something powerful, and
no seduction acts and gift wrapping is necessary to entice folks - who are
serious - to make the effort that is necessary. Geeks or artists or both and
everything in between.

If there is any seriousness at all, there is no expectation of much for
little. Even if its a seriousness to be doing nothing more than having some
fun, it seems to me.

If there isn't considerable seriousness - off the radar, I would hope.

>And isn't it cool that it's now Free?!

Can't disagree with that.