[Edu-sig] PyCon education track update

Jeffrey Elkner jeff at elkner.net
Sun Nov 30 21:07:32 EST 2003

The fine folks who are organizing PyCon this year are setting the
registration fee for students at $50.00.

If you know of any students in the DC metropolitan area (or beyond) who
would be interested in attending the conference, please spread the word.

I still have a ZWiki set up at:

http://linus.yorktown.arlington.k12.va.us/PyCon2004/EduTrack/

in the hopes that anyone who plans to attend PyCon who is interested in
a Python in Education Track will add there name to the IllBeThere page
and anyone interested in sharing what they are doing with Python in
education would add there presentation idea to the PresentationProposals
page.

We would like to use this conference to reach out to folks who may be
newer to Python and who are interested in finding more about what it has
to offer.  While we have a bit of a chicken and egg problem, if we get a
sense that folks newer to Python will be attending, then I've committed
my students to putting together a few presentations that would be of
interest.

Thus far there hasn't been enough of a response to be able to get a
sense of where the interest lies.  Hopefully, that will all change in
the near future ;-)

Jeffrey Elkner <jeff at elkner.net>
Open Book Project <http://ibiblio.org/obp>