[Edu-sig] Re: politics,again

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 5 13:03:29 EDT 2003

>Me - I'm confused.

Me too.  I have been thinking about this quite a bit lately.  I think the
biggest problem I have is that most of the software patents I have
read are descriptions of problems, rather than descriptions of the
solutions to problems.  In other words, these software patents are
allowing people (corporations, really) to stake out entire problem
spaces, and thereby prevent any innovation in solving the problems.