[Edu-sig] linux

Simon Willison cs1spw at bath.ac.uk
Wed Oct 22 00:29:52 EDT 2003

Conrad Koziol wrote:

> hey can someone point me too sites which advocate linux over
> microsoft. I have to do a persuasive essay in english, and was hoping
> to make a case for everyones favorite operating system. I need
> sources and info which i cant think of.

Why not make a case for everyone's favourite programming language? ;)
Seriously though, I had to put together a presentation for a University
course last semester and did one on why Python is a useful tool and a
worthy competitor to statically typed languages such as Java and C and
it ended up being a very nice topic.

For Linux though (or rather open source in general) you may do well to
check out the famous open letter to Microsoft from a Peruvian
congressman to the head of Microsoft Peru:

Best regards,

Simon Willison