[Edu-sig] Computer Hatred

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Wed Sep 24 15:59:16 EDT 2003

Laura Creighton wrote:
> I needed to make a
> GANTT chart for a grant proposal yesterday, and after 2 hours with
> Microsoft Project, it is back to pen and paper for me as well.  I'll
> program PyGame to make pretty boxes. :-)

Heh, just a side note because you're mentioning Pygame: I wanted
to create a platform game and saw PyPlatform. I thought, great, until
I discovered that PyPlatform, 2000 LOC, does not have any functions
or classes, only one big if-while-for-if-for-while-if block...

Also an example of a bad user interface, it being a programmer interface.

yours,
Gerrit.

--
33. If a ... or a ... enter himself as withdrawn from the "Way of the
King," and send a mercenary as substitute, but withdraw him, then the ...