[Edu-sig] turtle module + win2K

Jordan Johnson jorjohns at cs.indiana.edu
Tue Apr 6 12:51:22 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I've been experimenting with Python as a language (a possible
replacement for Scheme) for the 9th grade class I'm teaching, and was
pleased to find a turtle graphics module in it.  I'm now frustrated
with that, though, since its behavior (at least under Windows) is
pretty unpleasant--the window fails to redraw once the turtle stops
moving, leaving it looking like the thing is hanging.

Is this a Tk problem, or a poorly-written turtle module?  More
importantly, is there a convenient solution to this, aside from making
the IDLE shell/editor windows much smaller to accommodate the turtle
window?  I'm not averse to patching the module if need be, but I can't
afford the time to poke around in the code and library docs.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
jmj

: Jordan M Johnson - jorjohns @ cs . indiana . edu
: If I were a bug, I would want to be a true Renaissance bug.