[Edu-sig] a modest proposal.

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Sat Apr 10 15:56:31 EDT 2004

In a message of Sat, 10 Apr 2004 21:21:55 +0200, Laura Creighton writes:

>happy easter and passover.
>
>any of you lot done the meyers-briggs perslonality test?
>
>I am INTP, but also very, very, werd because I am at the 50%
>level at Introversion vs extroversion, also at the 'precieving
>vs judging'  so if you score me as ENTJ, you ok.  and most weirdly,
>i am scoringf off the scale as N not sensing

dear god i am embarassed.
have your machine crash in the middle of a thing, and its sent.
this seems so boasting to me, which is why it was a rough outside.

but half a loaf is worse than none ....

The cool thing about me meyers-brigg wise, though is that i am
consistently in the 95% of the N, intuitive, not sensing. I am
the intuitive person's intuitive person.  It's difficult to score
as scarily high as i do -- it basically means you are so lousy
at sensing  that you hard can survive beibng alive.  Makes
for happy mathematicians, though.  :_)

and uinlike most people who take personality tests, i basically
desribe me as a happy person satisfied with being me.  In other
words, I am weird and i like it.

But, yoy see, i know arthur, where this started.  And I respect him,
forever, for being good at what i can barely funtion at all. I suspect
that arthur will max out on the 'sensing' end  of the meyers briggs
test, though i could be wrong. It is easy to be a better senser than
 me, just that i think that arthur is superlative at it.

what is really cool is that arthur and i, despite widely differing
personaity types and backgrounds, are in common agreement
that

'python is beautiful'

(for all its warts that we want to tweak)

this is amazing when you think of it.  But Beauty transcends.

whuch is why i hoped to not post the last fragment, but
if you got that, you get the rest.

most embarassingly, but bravely yours,
Laura