[Edu-sig] Python & Art Education

Joel Kahn jj2kk4 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 17:02:07 EDT 2004

I am a computer geek married to a K-2 public school
art teacher. I have already installed some graphics
stuff on a Windows computer in my wife's classroom,
including Vpython, and some early experiments have
shown a bit of educational potential and have
attracted interest from the students. (Attracting the
interest of a roomful of six-year-olds is no small
feat!) However, in order to go much further, we will
need some outside funding. I think that this would be
an excellent opportunity for some python-related firms
and other organizations to do some benefical
tax-deductible sponsorship and get some favorable
publicity. I'm open to ideas and suggestions. . . .

Joel Kahn